Welcome to the Official MarineParents.com page for Reserves.
To learn more about life in the Corps as a Marine Reservist click here.
- I MEF
- 11th MEU
- 13th MEU
- 15th MEU
- 29 Palms (MCAGCC)
- Barstow (MCLB)
- Miramar (MCAS)
- Camp Pendleton (MCB)
- Camp Pendleton (MCAS)
- San Diego (MCRD)
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Unit Information Page™
MarineParents.com has Unit Information Pages (UIP) that contain unit history and location, USMC contact information, and web sites for each unit. The following links are UIP's for units aboard this Permanent Duty Station (PDS):
- Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES)
- 4th Marine Division (4th MARDIV)
- 14th Marine Regiment (14th Marines)
- 2nd Battalion, 14th Marines (2/14)
- 3rd Battalion, 14th Marines (3/14)
- 5th Battalion, 14th Marines (5/14 )
- 23rd Marine Regiment (23rd Marines)
- 1st Battalion, 23rd Marines (1/23)
- 2nd Battalion, 23rd Marines (2/23)
- 3rd Battalion, 23rd Marines (3/23)
- 24th Marine Regiment (24th Marines)
- 1st Battaliion, 24th Marines (1/24)
- 2nd Battalion, 24th Marines (2/24)
- 3rd Battalion, 24th Marines (3/24)
- 25th Marine Regiment (25th Marines)
- 1st Battalion, 25th Marines (1/25)
- 2nd Battalion, 25th Marines (2/25)
- 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines (3/25)
- 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion (4th AAB)
- 4th Combat Engineer Battalion (4th CEB)
- 4th Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion (4th LAR)
- 4th Reconnaissance Battalion (4th Recon Bn)
- 4th Tank Battalion (4th Tanks)
- 4th Marine Aircraft Wing (4th MAW)
- Marine Air Control Group 48 (MACG 48)
- Marine Wing Communication Squadron 48 (MWCS-48)
- Marine Air Control Squadron 24 (MACS-24)
- Marine Air Support Squadron 6 (MASS-6)
- Marine Aircraft Group 41 (MAG 41)
- Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 41 (MALS-41)
- Marine Aircraft Group 41 Detachment Alpha (MAG-41 DET A)
- Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 112 (VMFA-112)
- Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 234 (VMGR-234)
- Marine Wing Support Squadron 471 (MWSS-471)
- Marine Wing Support Squadron 473 (MWSS-473)
- 6th Motor Transport Battalion (6th MTBN)
- Marine Aircraft Group 49 (MAG 49)
- Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 772 (HMH-772)
- Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 773 (HMLA-773)
- Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 49 (MALS-49)
- Marine Wing Support Squadron 472 (MWSS-472)
- Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 452 (VMGR-452)
- Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 774 (HMM-774)
- 4th Marine Logistics Group (4th MLG)
- Headquarters and Service Battalion, 4th MLG (HQSVCBN)
- 4th Dental Battalion (4th Dental Bn)
- 4th Medical Battalion (5th Medical Bn)
- 6th Engineer Support Battalion (6th ESB)
- Intelligence Support Battalion (ISB)
- 6th Communications Battalion (6th Comm Bn)
- 3rd Air Naval Gunfire Liason Company (3rd ANGLICO)
- 4th Air Naval Gunfire Liason Company (4th ANGLICO)
- 4th Civil Affairs Group (4th CAG)
- Anti-Terrorism Battalion (AT Bn)
- Mountain Warfare Training Center (MWTC)
- Marine Air Control Squadron 23 (MACS-23)
- Chemical Biological Incident Response Force (CBIRF)
- Marine Wing Support Group 47 (MWSG 47)
- 4th Maintenance Battalion (4th Maintenance Bn)
- 4th Supply Battalion (4th Supply Bn)
Marine Forces Reserve is the headquarters command for approximately 100,000 Reserve Marines and 160 Reserve Training Centers located throughout 47 of the United States, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico.
The United States Marine Corps Reserve was established when Congress passed the Naval Appropriations Act of Aug. 29, 1916 and is responsible for providing trained units and qualified individuals to be mobilized for active duty in time of war, national emergency or contingency operations. Marine Forces Reserve also provides personnel and operational tempo relief for active component forces in peacetime.
The Marine Reserve team possesses capabilities across the full spectrum of military operations; from humanitarian assistance and disaster relief support to the most potent combat forces in the world.
Marine Forces Reserve, the largest command in the Corps, has four major subordinate commands: the 4th Marine Division, 4th Marine Aircraft Wing, 4th Marine Logistics Group, and Force Headquarters Group.
Serving with great distinction, in every clime and place, Reserve Marines have regularly operated alongside the active component in both World Wars, Korean Conflict, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War and numerous other conflicts including Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
In order to keep its fighting edge, Marine Forces Reserves units participate annually in numerous large exercises in places such as Norway, South Korea, the Balkans, Central America, Thailand and Africa.
The vision for Marine Forces Reserve is to be the Nation's premier Reserve component, seamlessly integrating with the active forces, enhancing the operational reach and endurance of the Marine Corps... always capable of fighting and winning.
Marine Forces Reserve's motto, "Augment, Reinforce, Support," articulates the necessary actions required to provide a sustainable force for the long-term defense of our nation.
A Place to Connect & Share®
We have an Official MarineParents.com Facebook Group for Reserves. Click here to join now. Our Official Marine Parents Facebook Groups are run by volunteers who have gone through our training program. To help assure our groups are educational and on-topic, the volunteer Group Leader and volunteer Group Guides are the ones who will post topics in the group. The topics will be either educational or posts for members to have a Place to Connect & Share®. You are welcome to ask your questions or post your comments to any thread posted by the Group Leader and Group Guides.
Information taken from https://www.marforres.marines.mil/About/Media-Info/ on 6/25/2018.