PDS MCB Camp LeJeune
Welcome to the Official MarineParents.com page for PDS MCB Camp LeJeune.
Permanent Duty Stations (PDS)
MEUs, MEFs, MEBs
Other - In the Fleet:
Unit Information Page™
MarineParents.com has Unit Information Pages (UIP) that contain unit history and location, USMC contact information, and web sites for each unit. The following links are UIP's for units aboard this Permanent Duty Station (PDS):
- MCB Camp Lejeune
- II Marine Expeditionary Force (II MEF)
- II MEF Headquarters Group (II MHG)
- 2nd Marine Division (2nd MARDIV)
- 2nd Marine Division Headquarters Battalion (2nd MARDIV HQBN)
- 10th Marine Regiment
- 1st Battalion, 10th Marines (1/10)
- 2nd Battalion, 10th Marines (2/10)
- 3rd Battalion, 10th Marines (3/10)
- 5th Battalion, 10th Marines (5/10)
- 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit (22nd MEU)
- 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (24th MEU)
- 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (26th MEU)
- 1st Battalion, 9th Marines (1/9)
- 2nd Battalion 9th Marines (2/9)
- 3rd Battalion, 9th Marines (3/9)
- 2nd Marine Logistics Group (2nd MLG)
- 2nd Marine Regiment
- 2nd Tank Battalion
- 6th Marine Regiment
- 8th Communications Battalion
- 8th Marine Regiment
- Combat Logistics Battalion 2 (CLB-2)
- Combat Logistics Battalion 6 (CLB-6)
- Combat Logistics Battalion 8 (CLB-8)
- Combat Logistics Battalion 22 (CLB-22)
- Combat Logistics Battalion 24 (CLB-24)
- Combat Logistics Battalion 26 (CLB-26)
- Combat Logistics Regiment 2 (CLR-2)
- Combat Logistics Regiment 25 (CLR-25)
- Combat Logistics Regiment 27 (CLR-27)
- School of Infantry (SOI)- East
- 8th Engineer Support Battalion (8th ESB)
- 2nd Medical Battalion
- 2nd Dental Battalion
- 1st Battalion 2nd Marines (1/2)
- 2nd Battalion 2nd Marines (2/2)
- 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines (3/2)
- 2nd Assault Amphibian Battalion (2nd AAB)
- 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion (2nd LAR)
- 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion (2nd CEB)
- 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion
- 1st Battalion 6th Marines (1/6)
- 2nd Battalion 6th Marines (2/6)
- 3rd Battalion 6th Marines (3/6)
- 2nd Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company (2nd ANGLICO)
- 2nd Intelligence Battalion
- 2nd Law Enforcement Battalion (2nd LEB)
- 2nd Radio Battalion
- 1st Battalion 8th Marines (1/8)
- 2nd Battalion 8th Marines (2/8)
- 3rd Battalion 8th Marines (3/8)
- 2nd Maintenance Battalion
- 2nd Supply Battalion
- U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Special Operations Command (MARSOC)
Since September 1941, Camp Lejeune (luh-jern) has been the home of "Expeditionary Forces in Readiness", and throughout the years, it has become the home base for the II Marine Expeditionary Force, 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Logistics Group and other combat units and support commands.
There are several major Marine Corps commands and one Navy command aboard Camp Lejeune. Some tenant commands include Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, II Marine Expeditionary Force, 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, and the naval hospital to name a few. Marine Corps Base owns all the real estate, hosts entry-level and career-level formal schools and provides support and training for tenant commands; II Marine Expeditionary Force conducts operational planning for Fleet Marine Force commands; 2nd Marine Division is the ground combat element of II MEF; 2nd Marine Logistics Group is the combat service support element of II MEF; and 2nd Marine Air Wing, headquartered at Cherry Point, N.C., is the air combat element of II MEF. Additionally, the naval hospital provides primary medical care to service members and their families stationed at Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River.
Today, as in the past, Camp Lejeune's mission remains the same to maintain combat-ready units for expeditionary deployment.
To help prepare warfighters for combat and humanitarian missions abroad, Camp Lejeune takes advantage of 156,000 acres, 11 miles of beach capable of supporting amphibious operations, 34 gun positions, 50 tactical landing zones, three state-of-the-art training facilities for Military Operations in Urban Terrain and 80 live fire ranges to include the Greater Sandy Run Training Area.
The base and surrounding community is home to an active duty, dependent, retiree and civilian employee population of approximately 170,000 people. The base generates almost $3 billion in commerce each year, coming from payrolls and contracts to support the structure required to train and equip our modern Marines.
Some services available aboard Camp Lejeune include: childcare, shopping, education, family support, hunting and fishing, dining, boating and swimming.
Some facilities on base include banks and credit unions, the commissary, the library, hobby shops, fitness centers, the beach, theaters and more.
From the supporting infrastructure, a tradition of excellence in doing day-to-day business has evolved. From environmental programs that include a state-of-the-art landfill and water treatment system to quality of life programs that ensure Marine families are taken care of, Camp Lejeune stands out as a superior military base.
Camp Lejeune is a seven-time recipient of the Commander-in-Chief's Award for Installation Excellence. This award recognizes the base on a Department of Defense level for effectively managing assets and developing quality programs to accomplish the mission of providing expeditionary forces in readiness.
The Marines, sailors, Coast Guardsmen and civilian Marines who provide for the efficient management of Camp Lejeune's assets strive to ensure even grander goals are realized in the future.
Information taken from https://www.lejeune.marines.mil/About.aspx on 6/1/2018.
A Place to Connect & Share®
We have an Official MarineParents.com Facebook Group for PDS MCB Camp LeJeune. Click here to join now. Our Official Marine Parents Facebook Groups are run by volunteers who have gone through our training program. To help assure our groups are educational and on-topic, the volunteer Group Leader and volunteer Group Guides are the ones who will post topics in the group. The topics will be either educational or posts for members to have a Place to Connect & Share®. You are welcome to ask your questions or post your comments to any thread posted by the Group Leader and Group Guides.