PDS MCAS Cherry Point
Welcome to the Official MarineParents.com page for PDS MCAS Cherry Point.
Permanent Duty Stations (PDS)
MEUs, MEFs, MEBs
Other - In the Fleet:
Unit Information Page™
MarineParents.com has Unit Information Pages (UIP) that contain unit history and location, USMC contact information, and web sites for each unit. The following links are UIP's for units aboard this Permanent Duty Station (PDS):
- MCAS Cherry Point
- 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing
- Marine Wing Headquarters Squadron 2 (MWHS 2)
- Marine Air Control Group 28 (MACG 28)
- 2d Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion (2d LAAD Bn)
- Marine Air Control Squadron 2 (MACS-2)
- Marine Air Support Squadron 1 (MASS-1)
- Marine Tactical Air Command Squadron 28 (MTACS-28)
- Marine Wing Communications Squadron 28 (MWCS-28)
- Marine Aircraft Group 14 (MAG 14)
- Marine Wing Support Squadron 271 (MWSS-271)
- Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 14 (MALS-14)
- Marine Attack Squadron 223 (VMA-223)
- Marine Attack Squadron 231 (VMA-231 )
- Marine Attack Squadron 542 (VMA-542)
- Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Training Squadron 1 (VMAQT-1)
- Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 2 (VMAQ-2)
- Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 3 (VMAQ-3 )
- Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 4 (VMAQ-4)
- Marine Attack Training Squadron 203 (VMAT-203)
- Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 252 (VMGR-252)
- Marine Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Squadron 2 (VMU-2)
- Marine Wing Support Group 27 (MWSG 27)
- Military Police Company (MP CO)
- Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 467 (HMLA-467)
PDS MCAS Cherry Point: Welcome
When visitors come to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, one of the first things many of them notice is the roar of jet aircraft passing over the front gate on their way to or from runway number 5/23. On a sign outside the gate, are the words, "Pardon our noise, it's the sound of freedom." For more than 75 years, those sounds of freedom have echoed through local skies, from the deep, guttural growl of amphibious biplanes and single-wing attack aircraft during World War II, to the piercing whine of todays sleek and sophisticated jets. Those sounds are music to the ears of the Marines who fight on the ground, for there is nothing Marines like better than to have Marine artillery behind them, Marine intelligence in front of them and Marine aircraft overhead.
Located only 20 miles from some of the Atlantic's most beautiful beaches, Cherry Point is about 90 miles west-southwest of Cape Hatteras, at the foot of the great Outer Banks. It is perhaps appropriate that the home of such a powerful aviation arsenal is just down the coast from Kitty Hawk, where winged aviation got its start.
Duty at Cherry Point is challenging. Whether you're headed for the 2d Marine Aircraft Wing for duty with the Fleet Marine Force, or support service with the air station or one of its tenant activities, the tasks are varied and rewarding. And they're all directed toward the same end ; providing country and Corps with a combat-ready aerial striking force. This guide is designed to give you a comprehensive snapshot of Cherry Point, from information about the commands that work here, to housing and shopping information, to off-duty activities that are USMC Photo available on and off base.
Information taken from https://www.cherrypoint.marines.mil/Welcome/ on 6/4/2018.
A Place to Connect & Share®
We have an Official MarineParents.com Facebook Group for PDS MCAS Cherry Point. Click here to join now. Our Official Marine Parents Facebook Groups are run by volunteers who have gone through our training program. To help assure our groups are educational and on-topic, the volunteer Group Leader and volunteer Group Guides are the ones who will post topics in the group. The topics will be either educational or posts for members to have a Place to Connect & Share®. You are welcome to ask your questions or post your comments to any thread posted by the Group Leader and Group Guides.