Military Pay for Marines During Deployment
Pay during deployment will be pre-arranged by your Marine to accommodate needs s/he may have during deployment as well as for any dependents that remain in the U.S. during deployment. If your Marine is deployed to a combat zone, his/her pay should reflect an increase for combat pay. Please contact your Marine if you have questions about his/her pay.
The following are links to web sites that will help you answer questions regarding your Marine's hazard pay, per diem rates, housing costs, W2 forms, and more.
- myPay Links to military pay and the online W2 form for taxes. Must have login and password to access. This interface is for your MARINE's access.
- Military Pay From the DFAS (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) web site. Includes Pay rates for current and prior years as well as specific information on Procedures and policies, Veterans Benefits and Health Care Improvement Act of 2000, OSD Military Compensation, Garnishment, Thrift Savings Plan, Uniformed Services Participation, Information for Taxpayers Serving in the Armed Forces, Savings Bonds and much more. Take a look if you've got a question about Military Pay.
- Per Diem Rates and Allowances This is a page from the "Per Diem, Travel and Transportation Allowance Committee" web site. Includes COLA, Housing, Per Diem, converters for pay from overseas locations, and more.
- Currency Converter Perform interactive foreign exchange rate calculations on the Internet, using live, up-to-the-minute currency rates.
- BAH Calculator The Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) is a U.S. based allowance prescribed by geographic duty location, pay grade, and dependency status.
Written by David Ogden, Sgt. USMC '11-'16.
David was a Sergeant with the United States Marine Corps from 2011-2016. He is a combat veteran. He has worked at Marine Parents as a writer since he left the Marine Corps. He is currently in college and writes for the organization full-time. Click here to read more about the author.