Texas Center Point Veterans Services
Center Point's Texas Veterans Program provides outreach, assessment of needs, vocational readiness training, housing assistance, job placement and referrals to job skills training programs for homeless Veterans in the Austin area. Through funding provided by the U.S. Department of Labor at risk Veterans may access an array of services that significantly improve their quality of life.
Homeless Veterans - includes at-risk homelessness; couch surfing; transitional housing; emergency shelters (For homeless or at risk of homeless VETERANS only in Travis and limited surrounding counties; with all DD214 discharge status but dishonorable; MUST be job ready)
- Job Placement
- Job Readiness/Development (Resume Class; Mock Interviewing; Dress for Success; Life Skills and Money Mgmt)
- Limited Transportation Assistance
- Tools and Clothing for NEW Job
One-time Emergency Financial Assistance (For Veterans, Dependents, and Surviving Spouses; DD214 Honorable and General Under Honorable Conditions ONLY; Counties - Bastrop, Bell, Coryell, Hays, Travis, and Williamson)
- Rent w/ Notice to Vacate or Eviction Notice
- Initial Rent Deposit for Homeless applicants
- Utility Payment w/ DC Notice
- Vehicle Repair for Employment
- Vehicle Registration for Employment
- Initial Fees for Job Training Course
- Tools for NEW Job
- Emergency Childcare
NO CHARGE Individual and Family Counseling (For Veterans, Dependents, and Surviving Spouses; DD214 Honorable and General Under Honorable Conditions ONLY; Counties - Bell, Coryell, Hays, Travis, and Williamson)
- Depression D/O; Anxiety D/O; PTS; MST; etc.
- Most Evidence-based Humanistic Approach and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Program Services Provided
- Biopsychosocial Assessment that holistically identifies the client's challenges, and exploring his/her employment barriers, such as but not limited to, criminal history, substance abuse history, behavioral/mental health issues, and family history.
- Extensive Case Management that provides individualized service plan or employment plan for each client; weekly contact by the case managers; follow-up between 90 days for up to 12 months after discharge.
- Job placement and job readiness skills training, such as but not limited to, resume writing, interviewing, job search, dress for success, life skills and money management, limited personal computer lab, etc.
- Supportive services, such as but not limited to, transportation assistance, such as bus pass and gas card for employment services purpose only; limited gift cards for grocery shopping and employment services purpose only.
- Outreach, such as but not limited to, monthly Power Partners Job Club; Travis County Community Complex; Job Fairs and Resources; Employers; Linkages and networking with other providers.
- Individual/Family Counseling provided by a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Intake Steps/How to Enroll or For Referrals
- (Best option) Call our office for initial intake or screening, and schedule to meet for assessment and/or enrollment with the appropriate staff.
- Walk-in to our office for initial intake or screening, and schedule to come back for assessment and/or enrollment with the appropriate staff (50/50 chance of completing enrollment if qualified and if proper eligibility documents are presented)
Office Hours - Monday - Thursday 9a-5p; Friday 9a-2p
Office Number: 512-297-2990
Location: 2101 S. IH-35, Ste. 219, Austin, TX 78741
Orientation Class for Eligibility and/or Enrollment
- Monday - 9a, 3p
- Wednesday - 11a
- Friday - 9a
Life Skills and Money Management Classes
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday - 9:30a, 2p
- 2nd and 4th Thursday - 9:30a, 3p
1. Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program -
- Lillian Alexander, MBA, Retired US Navy Veteran, Employment Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cristina Carmona, BSW, US Air Force Veteran, Outreach Specialist, email@example.com
2. Emergency Financial Assistance
- Anthony Funsch, BSW, US Air Force Veteran, Case Manager (Bastrop, Hays, and Travis Counties), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zulma Schacht, MBA, Retired US Army, Case Manager (Bell, Coryell, and Williamson), email@example.com
3. Individual and Family Counseling
- Sherry Whiteside, LPC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Coleman, BA, US Air Force, Outreach Specialist, email@example.com
4. Pia Villalon, MSSW, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org